Request for Quotations (RFQ)
Request for Quotations (RFQ)
Northwest PA Regional Planning & Development Commission
395 Seneca Street Oil City, Pennsylvania • 16301
The Appalachian Regional Initiative for Stronger Economies (ARISE) is a new Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) initiative that aims to drive large-scale, regional economic transformation through multi-state collaborative projects across Appalachia. With the additional funding provided by the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) of 2021 (also known as the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law or BIL), ARC launched ARISE to strengthen Appalachian business and industry, and to grow and support the development of new opportunities across multiple states.
ARISE encourages the region’s 13 states to think beyond local and state lines and to spearhead initiatives that encourage states to work together as one, united Appalachia to advance ARC’s strategic investment priorities.
The Northwest Pennsylvania Regional Planning & Development Commission (NWC) in conjunction with Pennsylvania’s Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) office will support the delivery of technical assistance services to ARISE applicants, grantees, and partners. Technical assistance services will include development of projects, guidance in writing and submitting successful concept papers and applications, recommendations for coordination and collaboration of relevant partners in Pennsylvania and other ARC states from project development, submission, and successful completion. The consultant network developed via this RFQ may also be asked to support other key ARC investment programs such as POWER, INSPIRE, Area Development, Local Access Roads, etc.
Funding is currently available through the Appalachian Regional Commission via the NWC to engage consultants (individuals and organizations) to provide support to Pennsylvania Appalachian communities, partners, Local Development Districts and all eligible applicants engaging with other ARC states seeking to apply for ARISE funding. Based upon capacity and experience, consultant services may include:
- Communicate and advocate for ARISE investment opportunities throughout Pennsylvania’s Appalachian region and partnering states.
- Identify both planning and implementation needs.
- Facilitate cooperative efforts with partnering states
- Introductions to state partners to foster collaboration and possible ARISE project development
- Assist in the development of potential projects that effectively utilize ARISE funding resources to address economic development objectives
- Assist in identifying sources of required matching funds
- Provide guidance and assistance to Pennsylvania applicants and their partnering states to write and submit successful ARISE concept papers and applications for projects that meet state and ARC priorities and include data necessary to justify the funding
- Liaise with Pennsylvania federal and state leaders that request ARISE Program information.
- Provide grant-writing assistance to applicants invited to submit full applications by ARC.
- Grant administration assistance including performance monitoring and reporting.
- Participate in the planned Northern Appalachia ARISE Summit focused on bringing together LDDs from Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York and Ohio to brainstorm and discuss potential ARISE projects.
Through such efforts, NWC and Pennsylvania’s ARC office will continue to enhance opportunities for strong, multi-state projects that build a competitive workforce, foster entrepreneurial activities and business development, develop industry clusters, and enhance access to, and use of, broadband services within Pennsylvania’s Appalachian communities, access to reliable and affordable utilities and infrastructure, preserving and investing in the region’s local, cultural heritage, and natural assets and building community leaders and capacity.
Further Details: The funding associated with this effort will be utilized for a period of three (3) years beginning January 1, 2023 and ending December 31, 2025. The consultant(s) selected will work in cooperation with, and in addition to, assistance provided by the Pennsylvania ARC office and the Pennsylvania Local Development Districts. The NWC reserves the right to solicit for additional consultants during the effective period to meet the needs of the applicants and the Appalachian region.
Based upon project needs and consultant capacity and experience, NWC and the Pennsylvania ARC office will facilitate introductions to ensure compatibility between potential applicants and appropriate consultant(s). Upon mutual agreement to move forward with technical assistance, the Pennsylvania ARC office will allocate consulting hours which may be adjusted as needed. Consultants may also be eligible for reimbursement for non-specific ARISE activities as deemed necessary.
For firms responding to this request, please provide your quotations to email@example.com by March 2, 2023.