Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
What is a PTAC?
PTACs are non-profit organizations located throughout the United States which provide contracting assistance to businesses pursuing work with Federal, State and Local government agencies. The Northwest Commission’s PTAC Program is funded by both the Federal Government and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
The Northwest Commission PTAC is a business tool that enables companies located in our region (the Counties of Clarion, Crawford, Erie, Forest, Lawrence, Mercer, Venango and Warren) to more competitively pursue and obtain government work—including prime and subcontract work at the Federal, State and Local levels of government—by providing information, opportunities and technical assistance.
What will this service cost?
In cooperation with the US Department of Defense (DoD), our PTAC is designed to assist companies on how to market and sell their products and/or services to the DoD, other federal agencies, and state and local governments. Most services are offered FREE OF CHARGE!
Over the past ten years, nearly 850 companies have received information and assistance with our help. Our PTAC network currently has 400 clients seeking government contacting work.
Since 2001, approximately 2,260 contract awards have been received by clients totaling more than $1 billion in sales.
Examples of key assistance you can obtain through the Northwest Commission PTAC:
- Determine suitability for government contracting
- Assistance with identifying bid opportunities and past procurement histories/awards
- Assist with Local, State and Federal registrations including:
– System for Award Management (SAM)
– PA Department of General Services (DGS) Vendor Registration
– DIBBS Vendor Registration
– Wide Area Work Flow (WAWF)/ iRAPT Registration
- Assist with Federal Set-Aside Programs including:
– Small Disadvantaged Business
– Veteran Owned Small Business
– Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
– Woman Owned Small Business
– Minority or Women Business Enterprise (MBE/WBE) Certification (Pennsylvania)
- One-on-one assistance with interpreting solicitations and bid packages
- Electronic bid matching service for federal, state and local bid opportunities
- Market research and past pricing history
- Preparation for Pre-Award Surveys
- Preparation of payment forms and information on Electronic Fund Transfer (ETF)
- Post-award assistance
- Information on Mentor-Protégé Programs, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) and the Federal Acquisition Streamlining Act (FASA)
“The Northwest Commission PTAC has been a huge help to our organization with technical helps [and offering] seminars to help us meet face-to-face with people representing those organizations whom we eventually became contracted with in our realm of service. Monitoring the notices they provide has been of great assistance, because when you run a small business, you don’t have all the ancillary staff to take care of those chores. Simply said, it’s all up to you. The services that the Northwest Commission provides may easily mean the difference between success and failure.”
-Dennis Perrin, Owner, DRP Property Management
“Since having SAM registration, Pipeworks has been able to pursue government contracting opportunities…
I do believe, had your organization not helped set us up in SAM and Fed Biz Opps, we would not have gotten these jobs. Thanks to the PTAC for all your help.”
– Robert Slocum, Owner, Pipeworks Plumbing & Heating
Please Click Here to register for upcoming PTAC training events
Interested in pursuing the government market?
Already selling to the government?
Utilize the PTAC—become a client!
Download and complete our Request for Counseling Form, and fax or email it to a PTAC staff member. See our contact information below.
For additional information, please contact:
Procurement Technical Assistance Center Manager
Government Contracting Specialist
Government Contracting Specialist